| || |
Peninsula Property Management
Pet Policy and Rules
This policy establishes the rules and conditions under which a pet may be kept in a rental home managed by Peninsula Property Management, if approved by Landlord.
Types and Number of Pets Allowed:
- Number of pets is determined by landlord recommendations with a maximum of four (4) according to County regulations.
- Only domesticated, common household pets allowed. Pets deemed by management to be of a vicious or aggressive disposition or potentially harmful to health and safety of other are prohibited. DUE TO INSURANCE RESTRICTIONS THE FOLLOWING PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED: Chows, Pit Bull, (Staffordshire Terriers) Rottweiller, Doberman, Great Dane, Ferrets and Snakes.
- Service Animal provides assistance, service, or support to a person with disabilities and which is needed as a reasonable accommodation to such an individual with disabilities. They must be medically prescribed to a tenant to count as a Service animal. They count towards the maximum number of pets allowed.
Pet Ownership Rules:
- A tenant or prospective tenant who desires to acquire a new pet, keep an existing pet, or add any new pet in a manner consistent with these rules must apply, pay a non-refundable pet fee of $50.00 payable to Peninsula Property Management , provide an identifying description of pet(s) accompanied by a photograph, certificate of spaying or neutering of dogs and cats and the inoculations required by law, and the name and number of a contact person who can be called upon to care for a pet in an emergency. An additional refundable pet fee will be required upon approval of pet. The $50 non-refundable fee is waived for service animals.
- The tenant shall be responsible for proper care, including but not limited to flea control, yearly inoculations (certifications of which must be presented to property manager) and compliance with all applicable state and federal statutes, and city ordinances.
- The tenant shall keep the home, the property and the surrounding areas free of pet odors, insect infestation, waste and litter. The home must be in a sanitary condition at all times.
- The tenant shall be responsible to immediately comply with any legal notice posted by property management or tenant will be subject to cost of materials/labor for any damage caused by their pet- including pick up removal of pet waste and litter.
- A copy of these rules will be given to every resident who registers a pet and additional copies are available at management office.
Violations of this policy: shall be considered a violation of a material term of the lease. Base rent will automatically increase by $100.00, to be retroactive for a maximum of twelve months of Tenant occupancy, and continue until Property Management has regained possession of the Property. Payment of this increase does not permit or imply written authorization to retain the animal in question. In addition, Property Management may require immediate removal of the pet or commence eviction process.